Not a GBCTA member? Join Now!
Your membership in the Gateway-Brown's Creek Trail Association (GBCTA) offers many benefits:
- Know that you are doing your part to support a shared community resource!
- Receive access to members-only areas of our website!
- Receive updates on trail conditions!
- Receive our quarterly newsletter to stay updated on the latest trail developments!
- Your membership fee or donation is completely tax-deductible!
Brown's Creek State Trail A Great Success
Safety Issues are a Concern
The success of the Browns Creek Trail has been amazing. Trail users report what a wonderful trail it is, and large numbers are seen on the trail on any given day. Great weather has also provided extra opportunities to experience both Browns Creek and the Gateway Trails.
The DNR has reports that some bikers are not observing common courtesy rules, such as announcing your "passing on the left" or riding too fast for conditions. More worrisome is the fact that some riders tend not to stop at marked crossings. This is a real danger to themselves and to the cars crossing the trail. The DNR has decided that it is necessary to station a Conservation Officer at some of these danger areas, and has started to ticket those who don't stop. This is fair warning to all of us to remember to stop and not just take a quick look and ride on through. These tickets are "real" tickets with consequences to the biker. On the Gateway Trail, one crossing that has gotten particular note is that at Lansing. So, we urge all trail users to be courteous and safe.